Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ESPN 980, Home of the Redskins seeks intern

ESPN 980 Multi-media/Graphic Design Internship

About the Internship
Get the Redskins brand and the ESPN brand on your resume as you get REAL-WORLD experience designing for ESPN 980 - Home of the Redskins! Learn and cultivate graphic design skills that cater to client needs as well as web content needs. From web banners, to newspaper ads, to promotional off-the-wall designs that promote articles, blogs, and breaking news, you'll have plenty to play with.

Description of Ideal Intern
The ideal intern has a great attitude, loves to learn, loves sports (especially NFL and Redskins), is creative, and of course, has some graphic design skills.

Ideal software knowledge/prerequisites
Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks skills are ideal. If you don't know Fireworks, but know Photoshop that's fine because Fireworks is easier to master. Intern must have his/her own laptop.

About the work environment
Environment is laid-back, but professional. People are nice and your supervisor is Mason Alum. Office is located in Rockville, Md at the ESPN 980 Studios (it's a radio station: 94.3FM/92.7FM/980AM).

Testimonials
"My experience at ESPN 980 has been by far the best internship I have done since coming to college. I really felt that my web, design and video skills really improved and the projects that we did really made the experience worthwhile. I've been a sports fan my entire life and being able to create videos with the distinguished radio talent was really neat! I would tell anyone who wants to have a future in sports media needs to know how work the Internet and this internship covers it all. It is a great, fun, learning experience and I would do it all over again if I could!"
~ Amanda from American University

"Coming to intern at ESPN 980 has easily been one of the best experience's of my college career up to this point. The daily tasks I was assigned provided me an opportunity to actually use many of the skills I have worked on in school and on my own. Sports and web design are two great passions in my life, and I was able to tie the two together here more than I could have ever expected. I would highly recommend this internship to anyone looking to learn more about all types of media (because we literally dealt with them all!!!)."
~ TJ from The Catholic University of America

Hours/Days Needed
Tuesday/Thursday flex hours OR M/W/F flex hours

Positions available
Two

Location
ESPN 980 Studios in Rockville, Md

Internship Process
Interested? Email Enzo and answer following questions:
1. Why you're interested in the internship
2. Why you would be a good intern
3. Your school and year
4. Contact info (email + phone #)
5. (Optional) Feel free to attach resumes, sample work, website url's, etc.

Contact Person
Enzo / enzo@redskins.com

GOOD LUCK!

Enzo Giovanni
CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA
ESPN 980 - HOME OF THE REDSKINS
ENZO@ REDSKINS.COM
www.espn980.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey there I had a question.
    I wanted to know if this was a paid internship or not?
    I don't think I read that anywhere, of if they're are stipends or travel reimbursements.

    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete